The Campbell Town Museum and Visitor Information Centre is at Campbell Town, in Tasmania’s Northern Midlands.
It is the halfway point between the north and south, and is an ideal place to meet for a picnic or lunch. The Campbell Town Museum is housed in the town hall, having moved from the court house in September 2014.
The museum contains local history of the Midlands area including a film projector built between 1930/1935, musical instruments, band music, photos and uniforms from the Campbell Town Brass Band which started in 1844. The museum also has a wireless dated approximately 1924, designed and built by Igrame, England.
Campbell Town is on the Heritage Highway between Launceston and Hobart. It is about a 45-minute drive from Launceston (70 km).
Phone: (03) 6381 1353
Mobile: 0422 239 727